Fear has a Voice, but We don’t have to Listen to it!

You may have heard there are 365 “Fear not!” in the Bible–one for everyday of the year.

Fear is a stronghold. A stronghold is like an iceberg–the sea of our thoughts and emotions hide the majority of it. The ten percent we show to those around us is no indication of its depth and size.

Fear talks to us and for us, too! I hear fear in people when they say things like, “I’m not doing that!”, “I can’t do it!”, or “I won’t go there!”

God does not want us to live our life in fear. He wants us to be free!

For God did not give us a spirit of fear,

but of power and of love and a sound mind.

2 Timothy 1:7

Why does this verse mention a sound mind? Because fear causes us to imagine everything bad that can happen to us. It messes with our thoughts and can make us irrational.

God gave us the power over fear through the Holy Spirit and the saving power of His blood. Jesus’ blood releases us from the bondage strongholds keep us in.

I admit, I have my share of strongholds. I am learning to be free by the truth of God’s Word and His Holy Spirit, reminding me of the lies of the deceiver.

Satan desires to keep us captive. But we need to come out of our cell.

Satan desires to keep us captive. But we need to come out of our cell. #ThisSideofHeaven #Fear #Getoutofthatcell

[Jesus will] deliver all those who through fear of death were subject to lifelong slavery.

Hebrews 2:15 ESV

Did you know Fear has friends? Their names are Control and Untrust. All three usually go together. Fear loves to control everyone and everything around it.

Fear does not trust.

There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear. For fear has to do with punishment, and whoever fears has not been perfected in love.

1 John 4:18 ESV

In order for us to truly love, we must not fear. Fear equals distrust. Love is trusting.

Trusting God for answers, for wisdom, for healing. for light in our darkness and confusion. When we trust God, we show how much we love Him.

Of course, I am not saying we have to trust everyone and if we don’t we have fear. That’s not what I mean.

In order for us to truly love, we must not fear. #ThisSideofHeaven #Fear #Love

Fear says, “Don’t trust anyone.”

Fear says, “I can only depend upon myself.”

When we think we are the only ones we can depend on or the only ones who have the answers, we are not trusting God. Our Father puts people into our lives to teach us.

We must be teachable. God lets nothing go to waste. If He can’t use it for our good, then it won’t happen.

Trust God with your day to day life–with your fears–your desire to control–and untrust.

He wants to free you.

14 Comments Add yours

1. jabez1288 says:

Fear has a by-product called anxiety. And let me tell you that there are a multitude of people with anxiety issues. Anxiety uses the imagination to birth all sorts of issues that can mock and mimic things that become real. Fear uses anxiety to supplant untruths in people to make it appear truthful. Anxiousness due to fear causes health issues like panic attacks and immobilize a person.

The only fear a believer should have is a reverential fear of God.

Thanks for sharing this message! ~ Ben C.

Liked by 2 people

1. Debbie Papa says:

Wow! Very true and insightful!

Liked by 1 person

1. Stephanie P. says:

Thank you, Debbie!

2. Stephanie P. says:

You are so right, Ben. Anxiety goes with fear and keeps people in chains.

2. Amen Ms. Stephanie. We have to remember how this story ends. In Christ, we have nothing to fear. Let’s all stand strong for Christ. The best testimony for Jesus Christ we can offer is the way we live our lives. Let us not live in worldly fear. Thank you and God’s blessings ma’am.

Liked by 1 person

1. Brita Alaburda says:

Coming into and staying in the Light of He Who is Light, we shall not be afraid. Yes, Stephanie, thank you for the reminder, we are of enlightened mind, not to be overcome with fear.

Liked by 1 person

1. Stephanie P. says:

Thank you, Brita! Yes, the Light always gives peace,,,even when it is just light.

2. Stephanie P. says:

Thank you, J.D. Sorry I am so late responding to these comments! We have nothing to fear but fear itself, isn’t that how the saying goes? In Christ, there is no fear.

3. thefaithfulpen says:

So so true. The one thing to remember when fear enters your thoughts is to ask, “who told you that?” Is it from God (healthy fear) or from the evil one who’s trying to prevent you from traveling God’s path.

Liked by 1 person

1. Stephanie P. says:

I agree with you. That’s a great thing to ask, too, because it makes a difference who is telling us to fear something.

4. Sally says:

Thanks, Stephanie.
    I live in Newfoundland, Canada, and I see these icebergs outside my windows.🌷🤗

Liked by 1 person

1. Stephanie P. says:

Wow! That’s really cool. Thank you for following my blog!

Liked by 1 person

5. Fear destroys. But our faith in God brings freedom over fear. Enjoyed your post!

Liked by 1 person

1. Stephanie P. says:

Thank you, LuAnn. Yes, you’re right, fear does destroy…I’m thankful we don’t have to let it in Christ.